Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your Go-To Self Care Activity?
Lightbulb 
Hit Reply and tell us what your Go-To self care activity is. Listening to music, playing music, writing, reading, meditating, communing with nature, sleeping are all forms of self-care. What is yours?
My goal is to Enlighten minds, Open hearts & Create World Peace. http://bit.ly/14R5X6E
I have created a Self-Care for every situation in my life.
Sometimes I drive to hear the thoughts in my cranium bounce off each other and sort them out
Other times I listen to music
There are many days I walk off my porch to plant my bare feet on the Earth and coexist with all that is
Other times I read educational literature
I watch and listen carefully to our legislatures bicker like children and have to be asked / told to be quiet and give respect to the speaker
Other times I stand in the darkness absorbing the moon's light reflecting off of the sea
Sometimes I shower, allowing the shower to massage my sore neck and back
This list is endless.
I take life as it comes and I deal with it one situation at a time.
Sometimes more than one situation pops up and I have to be doubly strong, aware and alert.
Just when I think I'm ready for anything something else happens that makes me ask "What just happened?"
My goal is to Enlighten minds, Open hearts & Create World Peace. http://bit.ly/14R5X6E
Merry Meet, Starz_Priestess_Kandi_Ranson!  My Go-To Self Care Activity is a meditation place I built up one grain of sand at a time.  I was under extreme stress and knew I had to wrap my mind around something that would stop the thoughts from swinging through unbidden.  One day at a very long traffic light I imagined what a single grain of sand would look like under a microscope.  I looked at the color, the facets, the light reflected from it and when the light turned green, I felt a whole lot better.  After I got home and had listened to my voice mails, I again turned to that grain of sand to get the noise subdued.  Eventually, as the pressure mounted at work, I expanded to more grains of sand and eventually built myself an entire meditation place that has served me well.  I can close my eyes for a moment and I'm "there."  I'm so involved in the details I can actually feel my body relax and it has saved me from stress and headaches countless times.  I've even managed to imagine myself putting my bare feet down on those grains of sand to ground myself.  Hope this helps someone else find their own Self Care Activity.  I, too, would love to hear from others what they have devised!  Merry Part, Starz JC